What to take on your Africa Safari
- Most Airlines allow 2 suitcases per person, maximum 50lbs each...your gun or bow case counts as one of them. You are also allowed one carry-on bag and personal item. Pack your camera, and one set of clothes in your carry-on just in case there are problems with your luggage. We recommend also putting your binos and any other expensive item in your carry-on luggage.
Luggage and Clothing
- You will have daily laundry service while staying at our lodge, so no more than 3-4 sets of safari clothes are needed.
- The weather will be between 32-79 degrees, some days, those exact temperatures in fact. For the months of May to August, typically in the morning, you can expect temperatures in the upper 40's, then warming up into the mid 70's.
- You want to pack a light coat or jacket, long sleeve shirt or two, short sleeve shirts, pants or jeans, hiking or hunting boots, hat, socks, underwear and/or brassieres
- Mobile Phone (Call your service provider before you leave to make sure you have interanational service. We do have WIFI at the lodge, but it can be intermittent (this is Africa).
Safari and Travel Equipment
- Bring your Binoculars and Camera of course...other items we recommend are converters (electricity there is 220V, please check for South Africa plug converters at the airport or electronic store), flashlight, pocket knife, extra batteries, extra set of luggage keys (combo locks are best).
- Each person may bring 2 guns of different caliber, as well as 200 rounds of ammo per gun. Paperwork must be filled out accordingly.
- There is not any special paperwork for bows, crossbows, arrows, broadheads, etc...you can pack in your suitcase or bow case.
- Swimming suite, sunblock, lip balm, visor or scarf, medication, sunglasses, cosmetics and sanitary towels, tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo, razor, shave gel, contact lens solution, etc...
Personal Travel Items